Sunday, 9 August 2026

Tabs i keep open that have been fueling my brain and heart

 

  1. Word of the day: https://www.dictionary.com/word-of-the-day

I tried so many ways to improve my vocabulary: reading and keeping a notebook with a list of all the words was one of the methods I explored. However, I never actually learnt anything. Slow and steady wins the race. Before starting work every morning, I open up words of the day and learn at least one word a day. That's 365 words in a year that I actually remember. 


2. Art and letters daily: Aldaily.com

 If you are really hungry for knowledge, then this is the site for you! The website includes three really interesting categories: notes, books and essays (the last two categories are my favourite). If you're on a busy schedule and cannot so much as spend time looking for an article to read, this website posts three everyday in all categories, so you could read one in the morning during breakfast, at lunch break and before bed. 


3.The New Yorker: 

I am sure you are familiar with this one. There are so many articles to get lost in. Books, films, open questions, etc.  


4. Literary hub: 

Literary hub is for the book lover. The difference with this website compared to others about books is that it does not just include book reviews but many thoughtful essays on various books, themes and book recs.


5. Substack: I love the raw essays I get on substack. Diary entries, personal essays from real people with real experiences and productivity tips for very specific issues. You can find literally anything on this website. 


6. Youtube: Sometimes I watch videos during lunch break or play them in the background while working. I've done a post on all the channels I subscribed to that feel comforting and organic that you can find on my substack. Doomscroll with purpose, you know.


That's all.


Thank you for reading.


Sincerely,

Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment